Many rural areas are still dependent on fossil fuels for the cooking purpose which is mainly called “Chullah” but there is a problem with challah which is that when the smoke released due to the burning of chullah it is equivalent to the 400 burning cigarettes in an hour as per the latest study. So to remove this problem government started a scheme called Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY).
Brief Description of Project
|Name of Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)|
|Scheme Benefits||Each household gets an LPG cylinder connection.|
|Objective||To provide economical and safe fuel for cooking.|
Table of Contents
- What is Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
- Objectives of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan Yojana 2022 Key Highlights
- Features of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Who is the beneficiary?
- Eligibility to avail of the scheme
- Document required to get the benefit of the scheme
- The target of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- How to apply for PMUY
- Agencies under this scheme
- Phone Number For Ujjwala Yojana
- Other Government Scheme
What is Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is one of the best schemes launched by the Indian government for the welfare of the citizens of India. The meaning of the word Ujjwala is glowing, dazzling or lightning. Under these schemes, the government is trying to provide the facility of LPG cylinders so that every household must have one cylinder and it must be free from the chullah. The scheme is launched with many objectives and with a big target but the best thing about the scheme it has completed its all target in very less years.
There are two versions of this scheme which are discussed in the chart given below:-
|Ujjwala 1.0||Ujjwala 2.0|
|Launch Year||May 2016||August 2021|
|Launch Place||Ballia, Uttar Pradesh||Mahoba, Uttar Pradesh|
|Ministry||Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas||Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas|
|Aim||To provide LPG connection to poor|
|To provide the maximum benefits to the|
|Target||Release 8 Crore LPG connections by |
|Additional 1 crore LPG connections |
(FY – 2021-22)
Objectives of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- To boost women’s empowerment
Whenever we talk about the kitchen it directly means women as it is the place for them where they make the family happy and fulfil their hunger needs. But in the rural areas, the kitchens have Chulah which is harmful to the health of the woman who spends most of the time cooking the food for all family members. So in keeping the health of women in mind government has launched this scheme so that every house has a cylinder that is safer and best for the health of women.
- To provide the healthy cooking fuel
During the burning of fossil fuel, many hazardous clouds of smoke are released which is very harmful to the person who inhales it and it will directly affect the health of the women or other family members. But in the case of LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas), there is no hazardous gas released while it’s burning. So it is a healthy cooking fuel.
- To prevent the health hazards due to the usage of fossil fuel
The government also has the objective to prevent spreading the health hazard due to the usage of fossil fuels as the child used to stay with their mother who often spent their time in the kitchen cooking the food so with the mother they also inhale poisonous gas.
Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan Yojana 2022 Key Highlights
|Portal||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)|
|Launched by||Mr Narendra Modi.|
|Ministry Control||Ministry of Petroleum and Gas.|
|Objective||To provide economical and safe fuel for cooking.|
|Benefits||Each household gets an LPG cylinder connection.|
|Beneficiary||All common people will get the benefit.|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Features of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Under this Ujjwal yojana, the government is providing financial support of certain rupees for the first-time connection of the LPG cylinder.
- For a 14.2 Kg cylinder government is giving financial support of rupees 1600.
- For a 5 Kg cylinder government is giving financial support of rupees 1150.
- In the first version of the scheme, the government has to bear a lot of criticism as people are trolling the government because people are saying they don’t have money to refill it in the second version of the scheme government released that the first LPG refills and the stove is given free to all the people.
- Gave it up campaign is also launched by the Indian government under which our honourable prime minister urged the middle-class family to give up the subsidy and much middle class respect the prime minister and did as he said.
- Migrants can apply for the second time to get the LPG cylinder connection if she meets all the eligibility criteria to avail the benefit of the scheme.
Who is the beneficiary?
Only women of poor families who don’t have LPG gas connections as the beneficiary of the scheme and not the men of poor or middle-class families as all the kitchen work is mainly done by the women and men.
Basically, the women who belong to the following below given points will be the beneficiary:-
- List of Beneficiaries in the SECC 2011 list.
- All SC/ST’s household beneficiaries of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY-G) Gramin.
- The woman who belongs to the Antoyoday Anna Yojana (AAY).
- Forest Dwellers.
- Most backward classes.
- Tea and Ex – Teas garden tribes.
- A resident of islands and river islands.
Note: The second version of this scheme is extended to priority stats means states which are lying the hilly regions as well as in the Northern States.
Eligibility to avail of the scheme
There are certain criteria that the candidate must meet to avail of the benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. The applicant must:-
- must be at the age of 18 or above.
- must have BPL (Below Poverty line) card as the scheme is made to prove the benefit to the poor.
- must be the rural resident because in the urban areas most people are already using LPG gas as they don’t have fossil fuels to burn.
- must have a savings bank account in any of the Nationalised bank accounts.
- must not]have any other LGP connection because it is ridiculous to provide two LPG gas connections to one family.
Document required to get the benefit of the scheme
There are certain documents that are required to apply for this scheme and the documents are given below:-
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Ration Card / other state government, documents verifying the family composition / Self-declaration as per annexure.
- Adhaar Card of the beneficiary and the other adult members.
- Proof of the address
- Bank Account Number and the IFSC code.
Note: There is no need to give proof of address if the applicant wants the LPG connection at the same address as mentioned in the Adhaar card then in that case only the Adhaar card is enough for address verification.
The target of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
When Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was launched in the year 2016 the government decided to provide the LPG connection to the 5 crore women in 2020 who are lying under BPL.
But in 2018 the target is widened by the Indian government and it is set to provide 8 crores, women of BPL, as the government was very fast to fulfil its targets and this time in 2018 the women of seven other categories are added.
In 2019 government completed its target and gave the 8th crore LPG connection in Aurangabad, Maharastra.
In 2021 the government extended the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) to cover one crore more households.
Slogan of the scheme is Swachh Indhan, Behtar Jeevan.
How to apply for PMUY
To get benefit from this scheme you have to follow certain steps after which you successfully get entered into this scheme. The steps are given below,
• A woman of the BPL household, may apply for a new LPG connection (in the prescribed format) to the nearest LPG distributor.
• While submitting the application form, the woman needs to submit a detailed address, Jandhan Bank Account and Aadhar number of all members of the household.
• The connection will be issued by the Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) to the eligible beneficiaries after processing the application.
• In case the consumer opts for EMI, the EMI amount will be adjusted against the subsidy amount due to the consumer on each refill.
Agencies under this scheme
There are many agencies which are providing the facility of LPG gas to the door of the household.
- Indian Gas
- Bharat Gas
- HP Gas
Phone Number For Ujjwala Yojana
There are certain phone numbers that we have provided below that are helpful in Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana,
- 1906 (LPG Emergency Helpline)
- 1800-233-3555 (Toll-Free Helpline)
- 1800-266-6696 (Ujjwala Helpline)
Other Government Scheme
Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) – RAFTAAR 2023 Update Know what changes wiLl be done this time
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) 2023 Update These People will not get the loans
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) 2023 Update Who will get Fasal Bima This Time
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayi Yojana (PMKSY) Extended Upto 2026 New Update for Farmers
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana (BBBP) New 2023 Update these girls will get the Benefits
I hope after reading the whole article you will get a lot about Pradhan Mantri Ujjwal Yojana and also the major queries you have brought up about this topic will get solved after reading this whole article. But if you still have any doubts then please let us know in the comment box as your queries always help the next reader.
[…] Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) 2023 Update […]