Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana is the supportive yojana of the major three governments which includes the Ministry of Women and Child Development, the Ministry of Family and Health Welfare, and the Ministry of Human Resource Development. This scheme in its initial days become quite popular due to its slogan. Now it is popular in the whole of India as Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana in short form you can say BBBP Yojana.
The major scheme which is launched demands money to invest in it and when the girl becomes the valid age then the amount will be given to secure her higher education or marriage. But the government clearly gave the Disclaimer that Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana is not related to any funding scheme or individual benefit scheme and it is purely a conversions scheme or coordination scheme. This scheme totally laid its stress on Women’s Empowerment, increasing the child-sex ratio, education for girl children etc.
In English, you can say that Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana is Save the Daughter and Educate the Daughter.
Brief Description of Project
|Name of Scheme||Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana (BBBP)|
|Scheme Benefits||Save the Girl and get her proper right to live.|
|Objective||To again increase the Child Sex Ratio.|
Table of Contents
- When the Scheme was launched
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana 2022 Key Highlights
- The objective of the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
- About the Scheme
- Women Development to Women Led Development
- Reasons for the launch of the Scheme
- What is the PC and PNDT Act 1994
- Budget Allocation for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana Yojana
- Important Points Related to the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana
- Target Groups to execute this scheme
When the Scheme was launched
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana was launched on 22 January 2015 at Panipat in Harayana. The scheme is not like the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana where the higher education of a girl or her marriage problem due to money is solved by the government by taking money every year for 15 years. Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana is purely an awareness campaign or you can say scheme where Government start spreading awareness for the proper development, and education, of the girl child.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana 2022 Key Highlights
|Portal||Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana (BBBP)|
|Launched by||Mr Narendra Modi|
|Objective||To increase the Child Sex Ration, Women Empowerment.|
|Benefits||Save the Girl and get her proper right to live.|
|Beneficiary||Girls will get the right to education and survive|
|Official Website||Click Here|
The objective of the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
The main objectives of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana are:-
- To prevent Gender Biased Sex Selective Elimination
There are many families which only want boys as their first child and if they get a girl then they hated her very much. Many families do an ultrasound of the pregnant woman to get information regarding the developing embryo baby’s gender. Once they get the information about the gender of the unborn child and if the reports say that the child is a girl then they try their whole efforts to kill that unborn baby which is a completely bad thing and should not be tolerated.
- To ensure the protection and survival of the girl child
Under this scheme, the government made many campaigns to spread awareness regarding the protection of the girl child. As only a few people in India want girls and they pray for only boys. As a matter of fact, we all want a sister, a wife, and a mother, but very few want a child girl and this thing is definitely wrong because if girls are not anymore on this pretty Earth then there should not be any existence of a man also.
- Ensure the Education and participation of the Girl child
This scheme also led to the objective that once the girl is born then it is the proper duty of her parents to ensure the proper education of the girl and the girl should be allowed to participate in all aspects of society irrespective of whether it is a sport, debate, quiz, etc.
Today we can easily see that girls are everywhere and even in some spheres they are good than men as a man always remains in the attitude that he is a man while a girl always remains motivated by this discouraging society that always tries to demotivate them by setting the rules. Now even in the military, there are certain departments where girls are allowed to do jobs with their will.
About the Scheme
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana is one of the best schemes launched by the Indian Government for the welfare of the Girl. This scheme was launched with the initial funding of 100 Crore rupees. The scheme mainly focused to applied on the regions of those states which have very fewer sex ratios and where girls are not getting proper secondary education. Those states include Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Punjab, Bihar, and Delhi. As initially it was found there are a total of 100 districts in India where this scheme can apply to get the results.
Women Development to Women Led Development
- The Child sex Ratio at birth improved in the 104 identified districts which is a very good signal for the Government as their plan is working.
- 119 Dissctrics have reported an increase in the registration of the First Trimester.
- 146 district reported improvements in institutional deliveries as now the girl act as a nurse to help the doctors in which the facilities are less available.
- There are multiple scholarships for girls related to various fields.
- It is also reported that there is a rising in the enrollment of girls in higher secondary education related to women teachers, girls in the classes etc.
Reasons for the launch of the Scheme
There are many reasons why this scheme was launched and those reasons are discussed below pointwise-
- The declining child sex ratio is one of the major causes for the launch of the scheme as unborn girl children were killed in the womb of a mother either by the permission of the mother or due to the pressure from the family as only want boys, not girls.
- It is launched to generate awareness and improve the welfare services regarding girls in India which ensures the proper safety of the girl child.
- want to remove the old and deep mindset which is prevailing in society that only boys can do great things, not girls.
- We all always talking about gender inequality but when the unborn girl is killed in the womb while the boys are happily welcome. Isn’t it the gender inequality with the girl before even gets born? So to promote this awareness also the government launched this wonderful scheme.
- Focus on the issue of women’s empowerment on a life cycle continuum.
- Promoting girl education is also one of the main reasons to launch this scheme.
- Strict enforcement of PC (Pre Conception) – PNDT (Pre Natal Diagnostic Technique) Act 1994.
What is the PC and PNDT Act 1994
Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Technique Act 1994 is an Act of Parliament enacted to stop female foeticides and arrest the declining sex ratio in India. The act banned prenatal sex determination and whoever wants to try these types of practices should be sent to jail for 10 years or more.
Budget Allocation for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana Yojana
|Financial Year||Total Funds Allocated to BBBP (Rs. crore)||Funds Allocated for Interventions (Rs. crore)||Funds Allocated for Awareness Campaigns (Rs. crore)|
Note: The above data is taken from the government website and the data was updated last time on 31st Dember 2018.
Important Points Related to the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana
1. Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana is nethier an individual cash transfer nor a direct benfit tranfer scheme.
2. As Union Ministry of Women & Child Development has clarified that this scheme is not related to any Individual Cash transfer component.
3. The ministry also warned the unauthorized websites/organizations, NGOs, and individuals that are distributing forms in the name of cash incentives under the BBBP scheme so it becomes the case of a serious matter if you are getting any profit regarding this scheme.
4. The declining sex ratio in the past decades is alarming and decreasing consistently which warned the government about the safety of children and due to this reason the government has to launch and execute this scheme.
In 2019 the Economic Survey proposed change in the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana scheme and the campaign must be labelled as "BADLAV (Beti Apki Dhan Lakhsmi or Vijay Lakhsmi)" to represent change towards gender inequality.
Target Groups to execute this scheme
Young and newly married couples and pregnant and lactating mothers are some major groups that the government is targeting to execute this Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana. Once these groups become aware and motivated about the scheme and women’s empowerment or girl child safety then our major problem will get solved because these are the groups that bring the newly born child into the world.
Youth adolescents (girls and boys), must be provided with proper education regarding this as the youth are the ones who will marry one day and they also bring the new generation so if they are well aware and educated about this then in my opinion in coming few years Child Sex Ratio (CSR) will again increase. In-laws, medical doctors/ private hospitals, and nursing homes are also aimed to inform about the scheme for its proper execution.
The government also aimed PRI’s (Pnchayti Raj System), officials, religious leaders, frontline workers, voluntary organization media, industry associations, etc places to enhance awareness regarding the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana.
We have given the complete information regarding Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana and described each heading in detail. But if you still found a lack of any information regarding this scheme then please let us know in the comment box. As your legitimate questions can prove beneficial for you as well as for us also. We have tried to provide each one with every detail of the scheme to you, therefore, you don’t need to worry about the information. The whole information is taken from a government website and all facts or notes given here are really genuine.
Thanks for visiting our website.
[…] it simply by educating women that is the reason our Indian government launched the scheme called Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao. They also can become a role model or inspirations for anyone who looks up to […]