Join Pak Army Through Information Computer Technical Officers (ICTO). Pak Army ICTO is the short service commission course. Candidates having 16 years of education (Master’s/MS) with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 out of 4 or minimum 62.5% marks in annual system are eligible to apply. The maximum age limit is 28 years with 3 months upper and lower age relaxation.
Candidates should have 1-2 software development/ERP projects. 1-2 years experience in software development /ERP/GIS projects/information security assignments including networks and system management. Candidates who have expertise in JAVA, PHP,NET and related technology are eligible to apply in Pak Army ICTO course.
Both married and unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. Citizen of Pakistan & domicile holder of Azad Kashmir/ Gilgat Baltistan are eligible to apply. Candidates with dual nationality have to surrender their foreign nationality upon final selection to Join Pak Army.
After ISSB recommendation, ICTO cadets get 6 months of training at Pakistan Military Academy (PMA). Finally, selected candidates has to sign a bond to serve the Pakistan Army for a minimum period of 7 years on a stamp paper worth 100-/ Rs. dually countersigned by Magistrate/ Notary Public/Oath Commissioner. Males can also Join Pak Army through PMA long course & DDSC after 16 years of education. The ICTO details and registration date by Pakistan Army is mentioned below.
Pak Army ICTO Details
These are the categories in Pak Arm ICTO in which you can apply according to your educational standards. The applicant must have completed 4 year Engineering Degree in these mentioned standards, irrespective MSC/MCS.
|Qualification||Maximum Age Limit|
|Software Engineering||28 Years (3 moths upper and lower age relaxation)|
|Computer Engineering||Same As Above|
|GIS & Remote Sensing||–|
|GEO Informatics/ GEOmatics|
Eligibility Requirements For ICTO
- Minimum 16 years of formal education (BS/BE) in above-mentioned disciplines from PEC/ HEC recognized institutions of Pakistan/ abroad with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.0 or minimum 62.5% marks in annual system.
- No 3rd Division Grade D and only one 2nd Division/ Grade C throughout the academic career.
The applicant must have completed 4 years Engineering Degree in above-mentioned disciplines, irrespective of M.Sc./ MCS.
- Candidates only graduated from HEC/ PEC recognized universities or foreign universities recognized by PEC.
- Candidates possessing M.Sc./MS Degree and 2-3 years work experience will be given preference.
- A candidate with specific higher qualification is eligible, even if he is twice rejected by Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB) for PMA Long Course/ PMA Graduate Course or equivalent Naval or Pakistan Air Force courses.
- Appearing candidates for ICTO can also apply on “Hope Certificates” duly issued by Head of the universities’ initiations.
- Candidate once rejected for Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) Long Course Equivalent courses and once rejected in Post Graduate entry can avail one more chance for Post Graduate courses only.
Ineligibility Conditions For ICTO Candidates
- Twice rejected by Inter Service Selection Board (ISSB) for Intermediate! Graduate (Pakistan Military Academy (PAM) Long Course/ Graduate Equivalent) and once rejected by Inter Service Selection Board (ISSB) or General Headquarters (GHQ)/ Naval Headquarters (NHQ), Air Headquarter (AHQ) based selection boards.
- Candidates tested within four months (120 days) gap of previous appearance in ISSB except waiver granted by the competent authority. However, bar of 120 days will not be applicable to candidates appearing in General Headquarters (GHQ) Naval Headquarters (11CHQ) Air Headquarters (AHQ) selection board.
- Candidates dismissed removed debarred from Govt Services including Armed Force of Pakistan.
- Convicted in a Court of Law for any heinous offense (to be ascertained by the competent military authority).
Permanently declared UNFIT by Appeal Medical Board (PLT by AMB).
- Declared medically unfit due to Hepatitis B & C (A_MCB cannot be requested).
- Withdrawn from any bonded Armed Forces college institution on disciplinary grounds.
- Withdrawn discharged resigned or purchase of commission from any Armed Force Officer’s Academy’ Training Institution on any ground.
- Tempering of academic certificates forgery concealment to get undue advantage will render to applicant permanently ineligible for all types of commission in Armed Force
- Candidates who have not completed 4 years Engineering Degree in given disciplines, irrespective of MSc/ MCS.
Online Registration and Selection Procedure
Candidates can register either through Internet or by visiting Army Selection and Recruitment Centres (AS&RCs). The following procedure will be adopted:
Registration Through Internet
A candidate can register online through Join Pak Army website. Date and time of ICTO inital test shall be given on intemet, for which the individual should have an e-mail account. Test date once given will not be changed. Candidates will also bring along documents (mentioned in advertisement) and will pay prospectus fee on the day of test. Tests will be conducted on computers.
Registration at Army Selection and Recruitment Centres
Candidates may report at nearest AS&RCs for registration’ allotment of roll number along with necessary documents (mentioned in advertisement) and the prospectus fee for completion of registration formalities. Candidates will bring these documents on the day of test as well.
Intelligence/ Academic Tests
Intelligence tests (verbal intelligence test and non verbal intelligence test) & academic tests based on multiple choice questions will be conducted at AS&RCs on the date given by the computer during the registration process.
Physical & Medical Test
Pak Army ICTO candidates hill undergo initial medical test at AS&RCs. Candidates must qualify- following physical tests:-
- 1.6 Km Run – 9 minutes
- Push-Ups – 10 repetitions in 2 minutes
- Sit-Ups – 10 repetitions in 2 minutes
- Chin-Ups – 2 repetitions in 2 minutes
Further Selection Procedure
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for Inter Service Selection Board (ISSB) Tests’ Interviews through website as well as ISSB call letter. Inter Service Selection Board (ISSB) recommended candidates will be called for interview by General Headquarters (GHQ) Selection Board at Rawalpindi. No Traveling Allow-ace/ Daily Allowance (TAMA) is admissible. Selected candidates by the General Headquarters (GHQ) Selection Board will undergo complete med exams in different CMH as desired by the candidates. Final selection will be made at General Headquarters (GHQ) on the basis of overall performance of candidates.