Hello, readers welcome to our blog once again. Today we are going to learn about a new scheme which is Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana which is released by the Indian government.
The government launched all the big updates for the PMABY for good health and also for the creation of health wellness centres. Under this Ayushman Bharat Yojana, there are two schemes that fall under this scheme Rashtriya Swastha Bima Yojana (RSBY) and the other one is Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme. So let’s read about this yojana.
Brief Description of Project
|Name of Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana (PMABY)|
|Scheme Benefits||Urban areas will get redeveloped with more features.|
|Objective||Provide tap water supply to each household.|
Table of Contents
- What is Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
- AMRUT 2.0 Scheme 2023 Key Highlight Features
- Launch Year and Ministry of Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- The objective of Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Aim of Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Components of Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Type and Funding Pattern of Scheme
- Benefits and Beneficiary
- Other Government Schemes
What is Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana is the flagship scheme that basically is a National Health Protection Scheme. When we are talking about a country like India the basic concept here is that it will only nourish and lead to development only when the people living here are healthy. So for this particular purpose government of India came up with many schemes like Swach Bharat Mission, and AMRUT Mission which aim to provide safe drinking water to every house. Just like other schemes for the wellness of the Indian people our government again launch one more scheme which is very fruitful for the people of India.
Apart from these schemes government also launched Khelo India for the fitness of the people of India. Similar to National Health Protection Scheme there is the National Health Protection Mission under which the government is aiming to provide quality healthcare facilities and also make them affordable so that people who want it can easily avail themselves of the benefit of this Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
AMRUT 2.0 Scheme 2023 Key Highlight Features
|Portal||AMRUT 2.0 Scheme|
|Launched by||Central government scheme|
|Ministry Control||Ministry of Urban and Household Affairs|
|Objective||Provide tap water supply to each household.|
|Benefits||Urban areas will get redeveloped with more features.|
|Beneficiary||All the households in Urban areas|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Launch Year and Ministry of Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana
The launch year of Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana is 2018 and it falls under the Ministry of Health & Family welfare government of India. Although it falls under the above-described ministry the implementing agency of the National Health Authority. It complements all the necessary decisions and whatever steps should be taken for the development of the scheme. At the state level, the implementing agency is State Health Authority.
The objective of Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Universal Health Coverage
The main and most important objective of this scheme is to achieve Universal Health Coverage (UHC). Along with that government also focusing on the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG-3).
- Comprehensive Health Care service
The government also aims to shift from the Segmented and Sector premises towards comprehensive need-based Health care service. The services are those which take care of all the aspects of the development of Health.
Aim of Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- Providing Health Cover
The Indian government through this scheme aims to provide health cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation. But I am telling you that this health care is not given to everyone and it will be given to a specialised section of society.
- Poor and Vulnerable
Under this scheme, the government aims to cover over 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable families. So approx 50 crore beneficiaries will be benefitted under this scheme and that contributes approx 40% population of India. So 40% population of India can not afford the hospitals and these people will be benefitted from this scheme.
Components of Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana
There are two major components under this scheme which we are going to discuss in brief below,
- Health Welness Centre
This component talks about local clinics’ society. There are certain clinics which are set up for primary health care because there must be some infrastructure or place that would provide these facilities. Under this component, the government announced the creation of 1,50,00 health and care centres by transforming the existing sub-centres. It also aims to provide a comprehensive health care facility near your house, a society for maternal and child health services.
Not only those who fall under any kind of disease but also with the help of PMABY government is trying to provide essential drugs and other diagnostic services. Also, this component aims to promote awareness about the PMABY at the primary level. So the person can avail of the benefits of this scheme. Follow-up hospitalisation cases mean when a doctor consults you to revisit the hospital for your health.
Why Health Wellness Centres are important?
The Health and wellness centres are important because they help in reducing stress for secondary and tertiary hospitals. As when the spread of a particular disease stopped at the primary level so there is no outbreak of that disease on a large level hence that disease gets prevented at the initial level and the workload for secondary and tertiary hospitals gets reduced.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY)
This is a very important component of this scheme and it regulated the service of 5 lacks per family per year which is the aim of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana scheme. It covers 3 days pre and 15 days post-hospitalization.
Type and Funding Pattern of Scheme
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) is a centrally sponsored scheme and the funding pattern is the same which is valid for centrally sponsored scheme types so the funds are distributed between the centre and state. The whole funding pattern is given below:-
- For North-Eastern States – For North-Eastern states the funding pattern is 90:10 which means whatever fund will require for the project, 90% of funding is given by the Central government and the rest 10% is given by the state government.
- For Union Territories – As union territories are only headed by the central government so 100% of funding is given by the central government.
- For Others – In all other cases except the two above the funding pattern is 60:40 which means 60% of funding is given by the central government and the rest 40% is given by the state government.
Benefits and Beneficiary
This scheme is portable all across the country. As under this scheme you have been provided with insurance, there is one ID generated which you can use the whole across the country so you don’t have to take any tension about your migration or other transportation-related things.
With the use of this scheme, you can avail the benefit in both public and ex-panel public hospitals which means if you have treatment in public hospitals which are owned by the central government or the state government then you can take the benefits of this scheme. Not only in the public but also in private hospitals you can take benefit of this scheme.
All the beneficiaries of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana automatically get the benefits of this Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana. Also, the lower class of society who are identified under the socio-economic caste census (SECC) in both the rural and the urban area. So all those get the benefit of this scheme.
Other Government Schemes
I hope after reading a lot of things about Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana you will get sufficient knowledge regarding this scheme. All your queries regarding this scheme are now put to an end. As we have dedicated hours of research to make this particular scheme. Here you will get all the necessary information and genuine knowledge and you have to don’t take any tension regarding the information as it is made for educational purposes.
[…] Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana 2023 Big Update […]