What is Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY): This Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) is a policy of the Indian government by which they are planning to connect all the roads of India and provides good connectivity between Indian roads. Through This policy, the government plans to reduce the poverty by connecting all the undeveloped places to the developed ones. To execute this plan government has planned and formed a great team of technical and expert engineers and planned state-level management and facilitating policy development and planning at the state level so that they can make a sustainable and well-connected road network.
Brief Description of Project
|Name of Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)|
|Scheme Benefits||Easy access to places and better connectivity of roads to the main cities.|
|Objective||Improve the road infrastructure of the country.|
Table of Contents
- Road Figures have been given Under this Scheme
- Introduction of (PMGSY) Policy
- Objectives of PMGSY Policy
- Importance of the PMGSY Scheme:
- Challenges faced in the Implementation of the scheme
- Benefits of the Scheme
- Development and Problems solved By Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana:
- Progress of the PMGSY project:
Road Figures have been given Under this Scheme
|Road Types||Figures. of Road to be made|
|Unconnected Road||1.67 Km|
|Road For Construction||3.371 Km|
|Road For Renovation||3.68km|
There are many surveys done by the government to find the connectivity and road standards. If talk about the Figures that how much road is surveyed by the Indian government. So, according to the latest fig. given by the different state governments to the PMGSY about 1.67 lakh is an unconnected road, and talk about 3.71 lakh km is for construction so they can improve or for the new connectivity of the road. There are about 3.68km of road is under renovation or upgradation in our country because the roads of our country are very fastly damaged. This is how the government plan to make the policy successful.
Introduction of (PMGSY) Policy
The connectivity of the roads of rural India is important for the Indian government because the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) policy gov. can promote and give access to all the villages to serve and expand their businesses to the developed areas by road. Through the construction of the road, the government can promote the farmers to sell their crops directly to the cities and this can increase the chances of the increase their income.
For this policy state government and the central government are making an effort. They are organizing different programs so, that they can make this policy successful. On this policy, the government has said that there are many habitats and places that are not connected by road. The roads in the country are not all-weather roads because many places are too connected roads their roads are also not well maintained because during the time of construction poor quality material is used.
For this road connectivity, the Indian central government launched the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana on 25th December 2000. This policy had been launched under the Pm. Atal Vihari Bajwpayee. All the roads which are connected by this project are termed all-weather roads.
Objectives of PMGSY Policy
There are some primary objectives of the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) Policy. There are some primary objectives of this policy are given below:
- The first objective of the policy is to give good connectivity to all the roads of India.
- Under this policy, all the roads which are made through projects are called All weather roads Because the roads in a country made are not protected or do not sustain for a longer period.
- The primary purpose of this policy is to connect all the rural areas of our country by road. All roads which are not connected or where the roads are not made are constructed their roads and those habitations which are not connected connect also those areas.
- Under this scheme, the upgradation of the road is being done in those areas which have the eligibility of the population in their districts. One more thing I have to mention here is about the upgradation of the road is not central to the program. Those roads are to be done in upgradation which has more traffic and the roads of the rural core network are being done in this.
Importance of the PMGSY Scheme:
- This Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) Scheme is helping many people in our country because through this scheme all the road connectivity is being done. After the completion of the project. Government can serve or give better economic services to the people and provide employment to many people through projects. Through this scheme, the government is also reducing the poverty and unemployment in the country.
- The transportation cost will also be reduced, and people delivering the items will also be delivered on time without the items being perishable.
- All emergency facilities can also go or reach fast many where there is a need. Like fire workers, doctors, etc. In farming, labourers are needed in the agriculture segment. So, they need labourers for cultivation. Farmers can deliver or sell their crops or transport their crops on they can deliver crops and sell crops or transport the crops on the time. If the roads are built.
Challenges faced in the Implementation of the scheme
- The government has faced a lot of challenges during the completion of the project. There is a lack of major funds for the project. The government needed 75,000 to 80,000 thousand crore rupees over five years period to work on this project. But, they lack these funds. There are additional funds are needed for completion of the of this project. The implementation of the projects at the start is also very tough for the government.
- There is the direct involvement of the rural body government in this project. They can directly interfere in this project.
- The standing committee on rural road development has found many lacks of this in this policy.
- The involvement of the politicians in the projects is a very big problem in the development of the area or implementation of the scheme in the area.
- Many times when the construction of the road starts near forests area then the local people start protesting against the government and that’s why many projects of government remain uncompleted.
- They result in transfers of the of trained and well expertise from the project and they will prefer the names of their preferred people on the work. By this many times very bad, those people came in the project who does not have enough knowledge about the projects or who can not lead the project well enough to succeed.
- The government also failed to execute the project on time because the capacity to do work for the worker are not maintained. The involvement of the panchayat raj system is not also explained.
- They Major problem in our country is the availability of land. Because the availability of land in our country is not present at a high amount. That’s why sometimes government encroaches on houses.
- Doing deforestation is also not for some projects because cutting the trees makes unbalance in the ecology of the environment.
- Difficult climatic and natural conditions are one of the main reasons for the incompletion of the scheme. The terrain makes engineers work hard in these places and it is extremely tough to complete projects here. To work on the hilly areas is an easy task to make roads on the hilly and those hilly areas by the road, so the connectivity between the hilly areas and other places of the country remains connected.
- Natural climatic conditions are a big problem here because sometimes many climatic disasters happen during the construction of the road. Like landslides, earthquakes, etc. natural disasters happened here.
- The factor in this list comes are the scarcity of the construction material. There is a lack of construction material in the country or there is corruption at a high level that they put less material in the road. That’s why they made that road again and again. This is also the reason for the breakdown of the road. The road is not maintained properly in the country.
Benefits of the Scheme
- Through this scheme, the rural areas are directly connected to the cities and town areas. The people who are living in the village areas can travel to cities and towns and grow and make customer and their services directly to shop vendors and sell their items direly to their customers. If this can happen then their income will be elevated and they will come out of the poor sections of the class and their upliftment is done.
- Better medical services will be provided by the government to the rural people and they will not have to suffer from all these diseases and every people in the village areas will reach the hospitals on the time.
- Better infrastructure will be made out by the government and better connectivity will be provided to the rural areas by linking roads to the town and cities where all the facilities are available. Those students of the village who want to learn and want to pursue an education in the cities but because of the bad quality roads, they can not connect to the roads and do not go to colleges they can also go to school and colleges because of the construction of the road.
- The socio-economic development will be risen or done by this scheme. Because the government can establish better infrastructure in underdeveloped areas. So, this helps in the upliftment of the underdeveloped areas of the countries.
- Before this scheme comes the state government gives a budget for the road. This budget for the road is very low and many times the people who are appointed to the projects are so good at their work. So, these people can not plan the project properly or with goods so, they can’t make it a successful project. But with this project The national highways make project makers expert comes to this project which made or work on the quality of the road they do not work on the project very fastly. You can think of those experts who made Nh highways they also made these roads also very well. The budget of this project is handled by the central government so, there is no low budget given to the companies. So they will not compromise the quality of the roads.
Development and Problems solved By Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana:
The Government will be able to give employment to all the people of the rural and develop areas and this will reduce the unemployment situation of the country. The development of the infrastructure of the rural areas helps the villages to get all the benefits from the government’s related schemes. All the social welfare schemes related to health and education will reach directly to the village areas. This will benefit the development of rural areas people. They will be able to get the benefits f all the related schemes.
From the agricultural and industrial development of point of view. The villages which have direct connectivity to the road have the chance the development of industry near their village areas. If this happens then many industries will get their industry raw material from all the villages areas and this will increase the income of the villages of the areas. Many industries also show some interest in the village and this help the development of the village’s infrastructure.
Progress of the PMGSY project:
- The progress of the project is good but it has not performed well because of the lack of funds which we have discussed in the above paras.
- -The result of the scheme is good or they have reached the target but their target is 99% completed according to the government. The government has said that they have connected nearly 7 lakh Km of roads to the date of 15th march 2022. According to the stats by the government, The PMGSY scheme has connected the habitations places with roads.
- -The government gives stats of 1,57,377 habitations that they have given to 251+ villages population category. Under the scheme is 6, 13,030 roads are sanctioned to be constructed but 6,13,030 rad length has to be completed by 10th march 2022.
In the above article, we have given all the necessary information in this article. This article provides every bit of information you needed. This article provides information on the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Scheme. If you need any more information about the scheme then you can comment in the comment box. If you want some more information then you can visit the official website of the government.
Thanks for showing interest in our article.
Also Visit: Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Opening 2023 Update
When is Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana launched?
This Policy is launched on 15th July 2000 by Pm. Shri Atal Vihari Bajpayee.
Why PMGSY scheme is launched?
PMGSY is a scheme launched for the development of better road connectivity in rural India.
[…] Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) […]
[…] many sections of society in a different way. Those who want to apply to the scheme have to visit the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana’s official Government Website. The last date for applying for PMMSY is […]