Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is the newly launched scheme by the government in which they promote fishery farming among the farmers. Through this scheme, the government wants to bring the blue revolution among the Indians. The word Matsya means “Fish” and “Sampada” means prosperity. So, the name of the scheme gives hint that the government is planning to make fishery their new focus project in the next few. So, they want there should be a great source of fishery environment should be available.
The scheme comes under the Ministry of fisheries Animal Husbandry and Dairying. This scheme was launched in the 2020 year. But, Covid comes in 2020 so this scheme does not get a boost so much due to the lockdown situation. So we will see what government can do with this scheme in the next few years.
Brief Description of Project
|Name of Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana|
|Scheme Benefits||Every one|
|Objective||To bring the blue revolution to the country|
AIM of Scheme
The government comes up with a new scheme “Matasya Sampada Yojana” this scheme’s aim is to promote a sustainable fishery environment among the farmers. Here sustainable means that GOI does not want to harm the environment in this scheme it wants an environment-friendly ecosystem for fisheries farming. They also want to build a good and well-planned infrastructure of fisheries in the country. Fisheries farming is lacking in the country, our farmers do not have a skill and do not have equipment. Through this scheme, the government provides kits to fishery farmers.
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
The PMMSY Scheme’s main objective is to strengthen the fishery farming sector of the country.
- The scheme’s main aim is to intensify the productivity and production level of the fisheries in our country. This scheme aims to increase the number of 22 million metric tons of fish at the end of the year 2025.
- With this scheme, the government wants to enhance aquaculture productivity to 5 metric tons per hectare from 3 tons per hectare.
- PMMSY focuses on increasing the domestic production of fishing by 12kg per capita.
- Focusing on the growth of the sector in the private area and also developing an entrepreneurship culture among the youth.
How to Apply for PMMSY Scheme:
Eligible and interested candidates can apply for the scheme to avail of the benefits under this scheme. The process is given below:
- First, you have to log on to the official website of the GOV. scheme.
- The next step is for an applicant to submit the form and upload the necessary files.
- Beneficiaries must download the DPR template from the official website.
Goals to Achieve in PMMSY Scheme
The ministry wants to make an ecosystem for the fishery in our country. The Gov. has made a budget of Rs. 20,050 Cr in our Country.
- The gov. wants to increase or double the export from 46k crore to 100k crore.
- Reduce the harvesting loss from 25% to 10%.
- The plan of the government is to help the farmers who are working in the fishery sector. Their plan is to double their income.
- Through this development in the fishery sector, Gov. wants the fishery to contribute more to the GVA of the country.
- The development or building of a new fishery sector helps entrepreneurs to open their startups in this area also.
- The fisheries sector in the Pradhan Mantri Sampadha Yojana:
- Sectors in which Gov. wants to develop the fishery sector.
- Cold water fisheries is a new type of fishery farming in India which became very popular among fisher farmers. In many countries, this practice is being followed. This cold fishing cultivation is very important because fishes live in a very cold regions or in below the temperature of 100 degrees or 200 degrees.
- Seaweed Cultivation:
- Seaweed cultivation is a new type of farming sector that is developing in the country. The government is promoting this new project very fastly. The seaweed ecosystem is threatened in this life cycle.
Impact of the PMMSY
The scheme has a very beautiful impact on the overall community of fisheries in India:
- The scheme’s main aim is to increase fish production from 137.58 lakh metric tons (2018-2019) to 220 lakh metric tons by 2024 -2025.
- The scheme will sustain average growth of about 9% in fish production.
- The scheme improves the productivity in aquaculture from the present national average of 3 tons of fisheries.
The Pradhan Mantri Matasya Yojana for the fishermen is launched by the government to promote the fishery sector of the country. The main objective of this scheme is to develop the fishery ecosystem in our country:
This scheme gives benefits many sections of society in a different way. Those who want to apply to the scheme have to visit the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana’s official Government Website. The last date for applying for PMMSY is 5 December 2020. Some of the points of the Pradhan Mantri Scheme policies:
- The process to apply for the scheme is very simple and convenient for anyone.
- The beneficiaries have to log into the official website of the government by visiting the official website of the government.
- After, this step you have to submit the application and upload all the required documents.
If you have read this whole article then, in my opinion, all your doubts regarding Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana will not come to an end and we remain successful in providing adequate knowledge to you if yes then comment to us if not please write your query in the comment box which is specially designed for you.
Full form of PMMSY?
The full form of PMMSY is “Pradhan Mantri Matsya Yojana”.
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan Scheme (RMSA) 2023 | RMSA scheme fully explained
- One Nation One Ration Card Scheme (ONORCS) 2023 Update See who will not get ration in 2023
- Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) | Full Scheme explained in English 2023
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana (BBBP) New 2023 Update these girls will get the Benefits
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayi Yojana (PMKSY) Extended Upto 2026 New Update for Farmers
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) 2023 Update Who will get Fasal Bima This Time
[…] Jal Jeevan Mission is basically the mission in which the government is trying to provide piped water at home. As its name said Jal means water and Jeevan means life. We all know how much water is important for us and without water life does not exist on Earth. As day by day, the ground-level water is decreasing which becomes a cause for tension among the government. Though water is present in excess amounts on the Earth drinkable water is present in a limited amount. The government launched this scheme to create awareness among the people about water. […]